The bilateral EVD project between Serbia and The Netherlands “Integrated improvement of the Serbia sector” was implemented in the period between January 2006 and December 2008. The two main objectives of this project were:
- To strengthen the milk recording system aiming at providing farmers with relevant data for cow breeding, health and feed.
- To support the establishment of 3 farmers’ organisations for policy making, economic interests and knowledge exchange.
During five missions in the period April 2007 until May 2005 Lambertus Vogelzang contributed mainly to realising the second objective. The main support consisted of supporting the farmers’ groups in:
- Developing business plans and work plans
- Monitoring the progress of the implementation of the work plans
- Identifying and organising relevant training activities to support the farm management.
The attached pictures give you some impressions of this result-oriented project, only payment by the Dutch donor if the proposed project results are achieved!