The PSDA programme aims to support private sector development in agriculture in Kenya. One of the PSDA components is to strengthen value chains (VC) through the improvement of the cooperation between the various VC stakeholders, know how and technology transfer in selected value chains and regions. The programme is implemented by programme officers seconded from different Ministries as well as German and Kenyan GTZ-staff who are supported by GFA short term consultants on Value Chain Development (VCD), Marketing and Training.
In the period since April 2005 Lambertus Vogelzang was asked to support the GTZ-PSDA project during 9 missions to date. His main role and responsibilities were related to:
- Contributing to the development of a Capacity Development Concept fitting within the needs of this bilateral Kenyan-German project on Value Chain development (VCD).
- Contributing to the development a two practical manuals for trainers and participants of organisational development with respect to setting up farmer groups.
- Training and coaching of Kenyan colleagues in using and applying the developed OD manuals to support framers and farmer groups in strengthening their positions in the various value chains
- Cooperating with KENFAP, the Kenyan National Federation of Agricultural Producers, in supporting its own national and regional coordinators in using participatory extension planning techniques
- Advising the ATC, Agri business Training Centre, in becoming a self sustainable and capable partner for various clients in offering relevant and practical training courses.
The attached pictures give some impressions of the various mission activities.